Sunday, March 22, 2009

Amsterdam


So I am not sure where I left off, but we have been busy being tourists. Chelsea (Tony's cousin) and Ronald spent the afternoon and evening with us. We had tea/coffee at an outside cafe and then walked around until dinner. We were out late so another day without posting/pictures. Amsterdam is certainly an experience I will remember for awhile. I know i have mentioned it before, but there our thousands of bikes everywhere. You can get run over by them when you are watching out for cars, forgetting that there is also a bike lane with crazy riders. Finally getting the knack of watching all sides and now it is time to go. We spent the morning walking through the keukenhof gardens. Unfortunately for us, like a lot of places in Europe, they had a long winter. There weren't a lot of flowers in bloom. They had flowers in full bloom in the buildings even if they didn't have many in the gardens. The garden has only been opened for three days, mid April is the best time to go. We are off in a little while for our last excursion. We have yet to see Anne Frank's house so we are doing that this evening. We will walk around some more and have dinner, then head back to the hotel to pack it all up. Thanks for following along on our trip. We will be back in Anchorage late Monday night. Hope you enjoyed our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment