After a rainy night, we woke up to sunshine and warmer weather so we were able to take in the sights of the town. Just what you'd expect of a small lake resort only with German style buildings. Lindau was very quaint, unfortunately pictures don't do it justice. I think from now on I am going to buy postcards to get some really good pictures to scrap in my album. Tina if you are reading this, I went into a grocery store and couldn't find any licorice. The lady at the register didn't know what I was talking about. She just smiled at me. Anyway, we went back to the hotel and asked the young lady at the front desk to help us out. Between her language book and the computer she figured out that we meant lakritze. So now when we find another grocery store we will know what to ask for. Hopefully, I will be bringing it back for you.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Lindau on the Bodensee
After a rainy night, we woke up to sunshine and warmer weather so we were able to take in the sights of the town. Just what you'd expect of a small lake resort only with German style buildings. Lindau was very quaint, unfortunately pictures don't do it justice. I think from now on I am going to buy postcards to get some really good pictures to scrap in my album. Tina if you are reading this, I went into a grocery store and couldn't find any licorice. The lady at the register didn't know what I was talking about. She just smiled at me. Anyway, we went back to the hotel and asked the young lady at the front desk to help us out. Between her language book and the computer she figured out that we meant lakritze. So now when we find another grocery store we will know what to ask for. Hopefully, I will be bringing it back for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment